Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Gas Filler Neck Area.

This will be a pretty short post, but I didn't want to leave it out.

The gas filler area was pretty rotted out on the front quarter and badly needed replaced. Also, since I am ommiting the fuel injection from this car, the fuel setup would need to be appropriately modified.

The gentleman I bought the rear apron from also sold me a gass filler panel from a '72 beetle. It fit my application to a tee. I searched high and low for the before pictures but couldn't find them anywhere. However, here are pictures of the new filler neck welded in.
This filler setup had the assembly for the locking gas flap that was released from the glovebox. While I really liked this setup, it did not seem to fit as well as my standard door, and it was also kind of loose. I left myself the option of putting it back in later if desired. Over all it turned out pretty nice.

No comments: